When and whereApril
Data: April 19-21, 2017
Local: Renaissance Seattle, Seattle, WA
The Research Data Access and Preservation (RDAP) Summit, to be held April 19-21, 2017 in Seattle, WA, invites calls for proposals from managers, users, and generators of digital data from all sectors, including industry, academia, government, and cultural heritage centers.
RDAP 2017 will focus on the theme “Meeting challenges in the data world.”
RDAP will include panels on the topics of curating difficult data, data reusability, publisher perspectives on data, intellectual property issues surrounding data, and digital humanities data. The planning committee is seeking proposals for short presentations that complement these topics in an additional panel.
Potential proposal topics could include:
- Representing data (visually, etc…)
- Privacy/ethics and data
- Data as a commodity
- Teaching data information literacy in curricula
- The role of data curation in data science
- Should data be treated as a collection?
- What happens when physical objects are digitized - what kind of stewardship are the digital objects given compared to physical?
Please submit proposals via this form by November 20.